Planning an Expedition
Find out what goes into planning and executing an expedition to the Burgess Shale.
Travel into the field with researchers from the Royal Ontario Museum to find out the tools and techniques that make for a successful expedition.
- Transport (0:37, 7,280 kb)
- Equipment (1:48, 20,800 kb)
- Tools (1:02, 12,000 kb)
- Cobra (2:07, 24,400 kb)
- Rock Saws (1:46, 20,500 kb)
- Finding Fossils (1:42, 19,800 kb)
- Field Cataloguing (2:07, 24,500 kb)
- Packing Fossils (0:54, 10,600 kb)
- Camp Life (0:39, 7,570 kb)
- Weather (0:43, 8,430 kb)
- Wildlife (1:16, 14,800 kb)
Labwork and Collections
Once a fossil has been found and sent back to the museum, the work has only begun. Find out what happens to a fossil after it leaves the Burgess Shale.